Connect with us

news

PNP chief Gamboa defends NCRPO head Sinas on birthday celebration

Published

on

Just today, May 13, Wednesday, a post from National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) Public Information Facebook page angered millions of Filipinos as they “accidentally” shared several photos from NCRPO chief Debold Sinas’ birthday celebration during the coronavirus (COVID-19 crisis) and most especially, during enhanced community quarantine which clearly shows that these people have violated the law under Bayanihan Act of 2020, and betrayed the whole Filipino nation after locking them up for several days only to be surprised with mass gathering of bunch of police officers.

Few days from now and we are already approaching our 60th day under quarantine and we can not deny those little “progress” that the administration presents are actually not doing any contribution against the whole dilemma we are currently in.

It has been months since we’re trying our best to abide the police and military to stay at home at all cost, although quarantine would never lead us to anywhere not unless we’ll start the rapid and immediate mass testing, but it was still the main thing the higher authority want to make us do anyways.

Another thing is that, liquor ban was imposed all around NCR in order to “avoid” the high risk of contracting the virus. And now that this whole issue came up, a lot of citizens are now having a hard time to believe the Philippine National Police (PNP) and everything they implement, as some photos indicating beer and alcohols were involved in the crowded event.

With all these said, the people are now thinking, where are heading exactly, and why does the law only applies to us who are weak and powerless?

What enraged the Filipinos more is when the PNP chief Archie Gamboa defended the whole fiasco and said he is not seeing anything wrong regarding the incident.

“Una, walang party’ng nangyari ang sabi ni Gen. [Debold] Sinas. Probably nagkaroon ng mañanita pero doon sa mañanita ang sabi ni Gen. Sinas is that inobserve pa rin nila ‘yong mga social distancing. Now, I don’t think na meron namang violation ito,” he said in his virtual press briefing.

“He assured me that physical distancing was observed that time. So kung meron man then I will look into it but as of yet I still trust naman Gen. Sinas,” he added.

He then stressed out that still, no one is above the law but had not yet released any plans of action regarding his people’s transgressions.

In another statement, National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas said he did not intend to disobey any existing protocols related to the enhanced community quarantine, which was implemented to curb the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

“I apologize for what transpired during my birthday that caused anxiety to the public,” he said.

He said some of the photos that had been circulating online were “edited and grabbed from old posts.”

“The pictures may depict itself, however it does not define the totality of what really had happened,” he said.

What can you say about this story? We would like to hear it from you! Share us your thoughts in the comment section below and let us have some discussion!

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Celebrities

Ellen Adarna, sinagot ang isang netizen na nagsabing kinakahiya ang kanyang anak.

Published

on

By

After the alleged break up of actor John Lloyd Cruz and actress Ellen Adarna, the two have slowly made their way back to showbiz, especially Ellen Adarna who got recently active in social media. The two have chosen to live a peaceful and quite life in Cebu City when the actress got pregnant, and now that Elle have indirectly admitted that she is no longer taken, fans are curious about their set up with their son.

And it gets even more deeper because ever since their 2 year old son, Elias Modesto came into their life, the former couple never dared to post his picture in social media, nor ever let anyone to share Elias’ picture.

The reason was never revealed as to why, but fans speculated that maybe the two did not want Elias to be exposed to the public at a very young age, or they do not want their son to be dragged along with their split up.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by EA (@maria.elena.adarna) on

Whatever it is, it is just understandable that a parent always wanted to protect their kids.

And that is what Ellen exactly dropped when a fans asked about her baby, and even made it sound as if she’s denying the fact that she is a mother already.

“How old is your child with JL? Why you don’t post about it?”

Keeping her composure, the actress replied, , “His father and I are protecting him and his privacy from chismosas like you.”

The actress clap back created a loud buzz in social media and fans loved her even more for being brutally honest.

Her followers also backed up the actress by saying that thinking about your kids’ welfare and privacy is completely normal, and not every parents, especially celebrities are completely comfortable with sharing their kids’ identity to the public, just like Anne Curtis and Solenn Heussaff.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Feb vibes #theWondersOfMakeupandLighting

A post shared by EA (@maria.elena.adarna) on

But what is the real status between John Lloyd Cruz and Ellen Adarna? Some sources says that after the break up, the ex lovers remained civil for the sake of their baby and is now currently co-parenting Elias.

What can you say about this story? Share us your thoughts in the comment section below and let us have some discussion!

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Kilalanin ang mga sikat na artistang na hindi mo aakalaing top stockholder pala ng ABS CBN

Published

on

By

ABS CBN faces challenges anew after National Telecommunications Commission released another ceased and desist order against the network.

Because of this, ABS CBN is forced to close again for good, without knowing when are they going to open again.

Risking more than 11,000 employees, ABS CBN and its affiliated companies are now at he verge of collapsing, did you know that some of its biggest celebrities are actually the one of the top stockholders of the company?

Photo from Google

According to Investopedia, a stockholder is a “type of security that signifies proportionate ownership in the issuing corporation. This entitles the stockholder to that proportion of the corporation’s assets and earnings.”

For additional information, “Stocks are bought and sold predominantly on stock exchanges, though there can be private sales as well, and are the foundation of nearly every portfolio. These transactions have to conform to government regulations which are meant to protect investors from fraudulent practices.”

Photo from Google

Photo from Google

We have listed down the top stockholders of ABS CBN and I’m sure some of them would surprise you!

One of them is the king of the Christmas carols, Jose Mari Chan.

Photo from Google

Photo from Google

According to Facebook page MONEY Abundance, Jose Mari Chan currently holds 1,257,130 shares.

If you multiply it to the price of 16.56 PHP per share, you can get a total of P20,818,072.80

Photo from Google

Photo from Google

Meanwhile, ABS CBN Corporation chairman Carlo Lopez Katigabak lands on the 13th spot, while Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Kapamilya network Socorro “Cory” Vidanes lands 14th.

TV Production head Laurenti Dyogi is on the 16th spot while managing director of star cinema, Olivia Lamasan is on the 20th.

Photo from Google

Photo from Google

When it comes to the artist, Daniel Padilla, Bea Alonzo, Angel Locsin and Kris Aquino have top shares in the network, as well as Aiza Seguerra, Vic Sotto, Angelica Panganiban and Kim Chiu.

Photo from Google

Photo from Google

What can you say about this story? Share us your thoughts in the comment section below and let us have some discussions!

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Kilalanin Ang Sikat Na Artista Noon Na Naging Successful Business Woman Matapos Ipagpalit Ang Kanyang Career

Published

on

By

Philippine showbiz is a cutthroat industry. One day you might be in the spotlight, and the next day, a fresh face will take your spot. Because of this, smart and seasoned celebrities know more than relying their entire livelihood on their career. This is also why more and more celebrities are choosing to spend the fruits of their labor in smart investments.

Among them is sexy actress Ara Mina. We know Ara Mina from her iconic roles in the big screen and television. But aside from being a talented actress, did you know that Ara Mina is also a successful businesswoman? Yes, you read that right.

Photo from Google

Photo from Google

But before we take a look at Ara’s thriving business, let’s take a look back at her career in showbiz. Ara entered the industry at the age of 14 in “That’s Entertainment.” It was her stepping stone to fame, and since then, the actress has starred in countless iconic films, where she mostly played as the sultry female character.

Throughout the years, Ara slowly fell out of the showbiz business. She turned her back on her thriving career to focus more on her personal life. Ara Mina married Bulacan Mayor Patrick Meneses. The couple was blessed with a baby girl, Amanda Gabrielle, who has taken after her mom’s artistahin looks.

Photo from Google

Far from the prying eyes of the public, Ara enjoys her solitude with her family. But aside from being a dedicated and loving housewife and mother, Ara also decided to put up her own business. In 2014, the former actress launched Ara’s Secret Enterprise, which promotes cosmetics and beauty products.

But aside from cosmetics, Ara also decided to venture to another thing she loves: baking! The former actress is a fan of baking, which is why she launched her HazelBerry Cafe, inspired by Ara’s real name, Hazel Pascual Reyes. This year, Ara announced that she will also be launching another business, thanks to the success of Ara’s Secret and HazelBerry cafe.

Photo from Google

Photo from Google

Are you also excited to see Ara’s new business? We’d love to hear from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. For more updates on the latest happenings, feel free to follow us on Facebook.

Continue Reading

Trending